Excell Academy has mental health supports and services in our school and communities. Connect with school staff if you have questions or need help. Available staff may include social workers, family support workers, and cultural liaisons. Click on the links below to access Mental Health Resources in the Excell Community.
- COPE: Community Outreach for Psychiatric Emergencies (COPE) provides emergency intervention services 24-hours/day for adults with crises occurring in Hennepin County. Call 612-596-1223.
- Hennepin County Child Crisis: 24/7 child crisis (17 and under) if Hennepin County resident. 612-348-2233.
- Crisis Connection: 24-hours/day crisis and general counseling help line for suicide prevention, domestic violence, rape, depression and other issues. Call 612-379-6363.
- Metro Children’s Crisis Response Services: Mental Health Issues and Crisis Support
- Hennepin County Mental Health Emergencies: Mobile crisis teams, mental health resources, and tools to evaluate mental health crisis in the home.
- Other counties state-wide: Crisis response resources in other Minnesota counties.
- American Indian Family Center: Culturally meaningful mental health programming and resources for children, adults and families. Call 651-793-3803.
- CLUES (Comunidades Latinas Unidas En Servicio): Mental health, chemical health, community health and other family support services which focus on the Latino family as well as new immigrants and low income families. Call 651-379-4200.
- Mental Health Association of Minnesota – Multicultural Resources: Resources and service providers serving diverse populations throughout Minnesota.
- Minnesota Department of Health Resources Serving Diverse Communities: Health service resource directory outlining providers specializing in serving diverse populations state-wide.
- Volunteers of America Somali & East African Behavioral Health Services Program: Culturally and language specific behavioral health services for Somali and East African youth and adults, and their families.
- Depression Support Coalition: Information, education, and support for those affected by depression.
- Mental Health Association of Minnesota: Outreach and advocacy services for individuals with mental health needs.
- Minnesota Association of Children’s Mental Health: Information, education, training, and resources for parents with children with mental health needs.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness Minnesota (NAMI): Crisis services, young adult support groups, parent connections, and education for individuals with mental health needs and their families.
- National Suicide Prevention LifeLine: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- PACER Center for Children’s Mental Health: Bringing parents, youth and professionals together to help families receive the resources and support their children need.
- United Way First Call for Help: Find location resources in times of need. Call 651-291-0211.
- American Addiction Centers Recovery.org – Culturally specific and general information and resources for those whose lives are impacted by addiction. 24/7 Hotline 888-502-7420
- Mesothelioma Hope – Talking to Children About Cancer
Articles and Guides for Families
- Teen Mental Health – A Guide for Parents
- College Resource