Guidelines for Attending After School Games
- Excell Academy students attending basketball games must accompanied by a parent or guardian. Dropping off or staying afterschool without parental supervision is not allowed. To attend games, students should return to school with a parent or guardian.
- Students cannot stay with Excell Academy staff members to attend games.
- Excell Academy Alumni 18 years and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- If you are a parent of an Excell Academy student chaperoning additional Excell Academy students, the following requirements apply:
- The parent or guardian of the chaperoned student must call the school in advance to notify the arrangements
- Students must enter and exit the building with the chaperoning parent
- The chaperoning parent must check in and sign off, taking full responsibility for the additional chaperoned students
- The chaperoning parent must provide transportation for the chaperoned student
- All attendees must exit the building promptly upon the end of the game.
This year’s Excell Academy’s theme for Black History Month is “Still I Rise”. We have a host of activities planned to celebrate the rich culture and the achievements and contributions of African Americans both past and present. These celebrations will culminate in our Black History Month Event which will include a student showcase, vendors and food. We will also have Black History Month Spirit Week February 26th-29th.
Black History Month Spirit Week
Monday, February 26th – Pajama Day
Tuesday, February 27th – Dress as your Favorite Teacher Day
Wednesday, February 28th – Culture Day (dress in traditional cultural attire)
Thursday, February 29th – Sports Day
Friday, March 1st – Twin Triplet Day
*Students who are not participating in the theme of the day must be in full uniform.
It is our vision to prepare students that are college bound and career ready. In order to achieve
this vision, we need the assistance of our parents, community members, and public figures, so
that together we may educate students on the importance of furthering their education and the
vast career opportunities that are open to them. Therefore, we cordially invite you to make a
career presentation between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on March 22, 2023.
Toys for TOTS Registration November 8th – November 18th
Fall Picture Day will take place on Thursday, November 10th. Picture retake will be on Thursday, December 8th. Pictures may be purchased online by visiting the lifetime website.
Fall Parent Teacher Conferences
Fall conferences will be held Wednesday, October 19th from 4pm-7:30pm and Thursday, October 20th from 9am-4pm.
Excell Academy presents Latinx Celebration Night!
We will be celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month with Spirit Week October 10th-14th!
We’re having a Book Fair!
All purchases through the Book Fair Benefit our school. Please help our school meet our goal and inspire a love of reading in out students.
Fair Dates: Sep 26 – Sep 30
Family Engagement Night!
Tuesday, Sept 27 – 5-7pm
Join us for our annual Family Engagement Night. There will be food, games, prizes and special guests from PACER.